By Louise Allingham For Every day Mail Australia
04:10 13 Mar 2023, up to date 04:13 13 Mar 2023
- Cook dinner shares her do-it-yourself McMuffin hack
- Amelia makes use of Coles turkey rissoles
- She cooks all the pieces in an air fryer
A cook dinner has shared how she makes her personal high-protein breakfast McMuffin in simply ten minutes.
Amelia Ericksen, from Melbourne, shared her ‘sport altering’ hack for her do-it-yourself Maccas breakfast that solely makes use of 5 ingredient.
The pastry chef, who goes by Yummelia on-line, makes use of turkey rissoles from Coles which she squashes and freezes in baking paper in order that they cook dinner shortly within the morning.
Amelia cooks the pre-prepared turkey patty in an air fryer together with an egg and an English muffin.
The foodie’s ‘scrumptious’ McMuffin hack impressed hundreds on-line after she shared it in a TikTok video as many begged for the total recipe.
Scroll down for video
Amelia makes use of Steggles turkey rissoles which she buys from Coles for $8.50 and locations them between two layers of baking paper.
She squashes down the rissoles to make them thinner with a the underside of a glass or bottle, cuts the paper as much as separate every patty and freezes them in a container.
‘Once I go to eat them within the morning they’re able to go and so they’re on a pleasant little piece of baking paper so it would not make the air fryer soiled and truthfully it has been an actual sport changer,’ she defined.
Amelia takes the highest layer of baking paper off the turkey rissole earlier than placing within the air fryer with an egg and an English Muffin.
‘Then I crack an egg into this little tin, it is just a bit pit tin for anybody who needs to know, and I gave it a bit of spray first,’ she stated.
‘I separate the muffin and put it straight into the air fryer,’
She cooks the egg, turkey and muffin within the air fryer for ‘about six minutes’ at 180C.
As soon as the egg is cooked and the muffin is crispy, she takes them out of the air fryer then flips the turkey patty and locations it again to cook dinner additional.
To assemble the McMuffin dupe, Amelia layers the underside half of the muffin with the egg, a slice of cheese, the turkey rissole, a squirt of siracha sauce the the opposite muffin half.
She stated the entire course of takes about ten minutes within the morning and is ‘good’, ‘filling’ and ‘excessive in protein’.
Amelia shared the recipe throughout two TikTok movies which have collectively amassed greater than 706,200 views.
‘Wait, lady you simply modified my life a lil bit,’ one impressed viewer wrote.
‘Is the egg cooking in a mini pie tin?!? As a result of that’s genius!!’ a second requested.
‘Pardon me, I will simply be altering my ENTIRE tense morning routine,’ one girl replied.
‘You might have made my life a bit of simpler, I might of by no means thought cooking an egg within the air fryer,’ one other admitted.
RECIPE: The way to make a high-protein McMuffin in your air fryer
- Steggles turkey rissoles – $8.50
- Tip High Wholemeal English Muffins six-pack – $2.75
- Coles Sandwich cheese slices, smoky flavoured – $3.70
- 1 x egg
- Siracha sauce
- To arrange the turkey patties, lay out the rissoles on a sheet of baking paper and place one other sheet excessive.
- Squash the rissoles down with a glass or bottle then minimize the paper to separate every patty, stack them and place them within the freezer.
- To make the McMuffin, take one of many frozen rissoles out of the freezer, take away the highest layer of baking paper and place within the air fryer basket.
- Crack an egg right into a small tin or pie dish and place within the air fryer together with an English muffins separated into two halves.
- Cook dinner at 180C for six minutes the eliminated the cooked egg and muffi which ought to be golden and crispy.
- Flip the patty and put it again within the air fryer for a couple of for minutes till cooked.
- To assemble the McMuffin, layer the egg, patty, a slice of cheese and a squirt of siracha sauce between the muffin halves.